The line between eating out and dining in continues to blur. Home delivery or pickup is available from even many upscale restaurants. People prepare restaurant quality meals from kits that boast fresh ingredients and no waste.
The latest development in this trend is the addition of increasingly sophisticated technologies. Where it was once necessary for individual restaurants to employ delivery people of their own, there is now any number of delivery services available on call such as Seamless, UberEats, and GrubHub. No more must restaurant managers worry that they will be caught short-handed or overstaffed. They must pay a substantial percentage of the meal order, but for the most part, it’s more cost-effective than hiring a delivery person.
Here are the TOP 10 latest innovations:
- Amazon is delving into both restaurant and meal kit delivery in selected zip codes.
- Food can be ordered via voice with Siri, Google Home and Alexa.
- GrubHub is getting larger via acquisitions as is online ordering/delivery service Squad.
- TripAdvisor has entered the meal delivery space by joining forces with Grubhub.
- Snapchat’s Context Cards allow followers to pull up reviews and reserve tables at restaurants diners post via OpenTable or Resy.
- Facebook is partnering with food delivery services including GrubHub, Doordash and EatStreet. Facebook owned Instagram is likely to follow.
- Yelp sold its Eat24 food delivery system to GrubHub.
- Airbnb guests can now book restaurant reservations through its app (powered by Resy).
- Technologies to streamline the ordering and delivery process have been rolled out including Ordermark, orderTalk, as Olo.
- As demand for third-party delivery services continues to grow, technology springs up around it to make it more efficient for restaurants and easier for consumers to use.
Keep up with the latest innovations.
One of the best ways to keep up with developments in the restaurant industry is by partnering with a recruitment firm that specializes exclusively in the restaurant and hospitality industry. At Horizon Hospitality, we make it our business to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to the latest technology, market intelligence and competing for the most in-demand talent. Our restaurant recruiters work closely with establishments that are ready to take on the latest industry innovations and are searching for top talent to help them succeed.
If you’re searching for in-demand professionals for your restaurant or hotel, contact the hospitality recruiters at Horizon Hospitality today.