Join Our Interim Chef Team
Utilize your culinary expertise on a temporary basis with hospitality companies across the country!
Interim Chefs provides our clients with the ability to bring experienced and talented culinary professionals into their operation on a temporary basis. It will enable their food and beverage operation to flourish while they seek a permanent replacement. Imagine the opportunity to continue your culinary career that leverages your professional experience thus far. Envision an environment in which you are in control of your lifestyle, balance, future and income.
We are seeking highly talented culinary professionals to provide their expertise and be part of Horizon Hospitality’s Interim Chef Program for our clients nationwide! This position is NOT for a Chef who is in-between jobs and seeking a permanent career opportunity. We are looking for culinary professionals that are wiling to commit 100% to our Interim Chef program.
In the majority of situations, our Interim Chefs will work a 5 day/50 hour work week. Our Interim Chefs will provide culinary expertise for our clients based on a variety of reasons, including:
Seasonality: When talent needs fluctuate seasonally and companies need a robust culinary expertise year-round.
Testing New Processes & Menus: When companies are exploring a new menu roll out, technology, or product lines. Although it is not our intent, sometimes Interim Chefs could potentially turn into full-time hires.
Skill Gap: When companies have a short-term issue or project that requires specialized knowledge for a defined period. An Interim Chef can help build efficient new systems and processes that can be leveraged by the rest of the culinary team.
Maternity/ Paternity Leave: Parental leave (or other leaves of absence) enable Interim Chef’s to keep projects moving forward.
Expansion or Growth: When a company is experiencing significant growth and requires extra culinary support to strategically shape the food and beverage operation.
- Temporary Relocatability – ability to relocate to a location temporarily for a minimum of 2 weeks (travel and lodging expenses will be covered).
- Extreme Flexibility – we may need you in a day’s notice as our clients’ needs are immediate in most cases.
- Exceptional Communication and Organizational Skills – we are seeking motivators/leaders who can go into challenging situations, take charge and motivate the team.
- Excellent Culinary Skills – ability to jump in, be hands on and train/coach others.
- No Ego – we are looking for confident culinary professionals without big egos.
- Track Record of Success – we are seeking Chefs with excellent job tenure and a proven track record of success.
- Solid References – before considering you for this role, we will be speaking with your supervisors, peers and subordinates to learn more about your interpersonal, leadership and culinary skills.
For more information about an Interim Chef career with Horizon Hospitality, contact:
Scott Samuels | CEO