What to Expect as an Interim Manager
“I had a wonderful experience [on this] Task Force/Interim assignment…James Nolan was very open and responsive to all my questions and needs during this assignment and I hope to work with Horizon again!”
– Janine J, Interim Director of Operations/Food & Beverage
Imagine an opportunity where you can continue your career while traveling and experiencing new operations across the country, providing your professional talents and expertise to our hospitality clients. As an Interim Manager through Horizon Hospitality, you will be able to control your lifestyle, future, and income. In the majority of situations, our Interim Team Members will work a 5 day/50 hour work week.
We are always seeking the highest caliber talent for the following positions:
- Executive Chefs
- Sales & Marketing Directors
- Hotel General Managers
- Food & Beverage Directors
Why Companies Choose Interim Management
Interim leadership provides clients with the ability to bring experienced professionals into their operation on a temporary basis. It enables their operations to thrive while they face a new challenge. Often, companies need immediate help while looking for permanent leadership. Our clients take on Interim Managers for a variety of reasons, including:
- Seasonality and Fluctuation in Leadership Needs
- Rapid Expansion or Growth
- Specialized Skills Gap For Short Term Projects
- Temporary Leaves of Absence from Permanent Managemet
- Testing New Processes, Technologies, Products or Menus
Requirements for Interim Managers
We are looking for hospitality professionals who can commit 100% to a role as an interim manager, and have:
- Ability to Temporarily Relocate– You will be traveling for a minimum of 2 weeks at a time (travel and lodging expenses will be covered).
- Extreme Flexibility – Many of our clients needs are immediate. Because of this, we may need you in as little as a day’s notice.
- Exceptional Communication and Organizational Skills – We are seeking professionals who can go into challenging situations, and take charge of a team
- Excellent Leadership Skills – You will need to jump in, be hands on and coach others.
- Track Record of Success – We are looking for hospitality professionals who can produce results.
- Solid References – Before considering you for this role, we will need to learn more about your interpersonal and leadership skills. We will be reaching out to your supervisors and subordinates.
For more information about joining our Interim Hospitality Team, contact:
James Nolan | Interim Management Solutions, Manager