Horizon Hospitality continues to maintain its reputation as the most highly respected, results-oriented search firm for restaurants, private clubs, hotels and resorts in the United States.
Founded in 1998 by Scott A. Samuels, Horizon Hospitality is backed by collective industry experience of 200+ years. This translates into an in-depth understanding of the management and human resource needs that are unique to the industries we serve.
We understand firsthand the importance, impact and cost of every hiring decision. At Horizon Hospitality, our job is to make this process simpler, faster and more cost-effective for our clients.
Learn more about Horizon Hospitality.
To craft a legacy built from our continuous growth and improvement of our clients and candidates.
To be the primary resource of top-tier talent for the hospitality industry while creating strategic, long-term partnerships with premier hospitality employers.
Our core values:
- Platinum Rule: We do unto others as they would have us do unto them
- Conation: We embody a burning desire to succeed
- Fully Present: We respect each other, our clients and candidates by maintaining focus on each interaction
- Fun: We have a work environment and culture where team members look forward to coming in to work every day
- Abundance: We are a T.E.A.M.
- Learning Organization: We commit to continuous personal, professional and spiritual growth
- Go to the Source: We possess the courage to respectfully confront and be confronted
- Special Treatment: We embrace the diverse needs and goals of our associates
- Commitment: We believe that well done is better than well said
- Ownership Mindset: We balance an entrepreneurial spirit with responsible stewardship
Why Horizon Hospitality is the best option for your company:
- Industry Experience: All members of our recruiting team have held executive-level positions within the restaurant, club and hotel industries. We know and understand this business firsthand!
- Exceptional Reputation: Our reputation and client references will speak for themselves. We will never cross the lines of confidentiality or trust. We are more than hospitality industry headhunters.
- Candidate Sourcing: Using numerous resources to conduct each search, represent one of our greatest assets. Our proprietary database houses the resumes of over 195,000 hospitality industry professionals throughout the country.
- Selection Tools: We continue to utilize the finest pre-employment screening tools to maximize the potential for success of your new employee and assure they are truly qualified to join your team.
- Replacement Guarantees: In the rare instance that your new employee does not work out, our replacement guarantees will provide you with added security.
- Consultative Approach: As we are always seeking long-term partnerships with our clients, we will provide you with a wealth of resources during the search process to assure you have set up your new employee for success. These services range from the development of performance-based bonus plans to benefits analysis.
Still unsure whether Horizon Hospitality will really be helpful? Here are some of the additional benefits you could expect from us:
- Cost: There are direct and indirect costs associated with conducting a staff-managed search. Our firm will save you a significant amount of these recruiting costs and the tasks that would take staff away from their regular duties.
- Time: The average length of a staff-managed search is 5 to 8 months; our firm will help you expedite this process considerably.
- Resources: We will find exceptional and experienced candidates regardless of the market conditions or competition.
- Expertise: All members of our recruiting team are continually speaking with prospective candidates – we have firsthand knowledge of the field.
- Objectivity: Going outside to conduct a search assists in bringing a level of objectivity and credibility to the process that encourages the applications of candidates who might not otherwise apply.
- Screening: Our firm presents a process for the uniform and comprehensive screening of candidates that insures that the pool of candidates is diverse and qualified in all ways.
- Negotiations: As a third party, a candidate may freely offer hidden objections to our recruiters that you, as a potential employer, would never hear.
- Confidentiality: The benefit of using Horizon Hospitality is our ability to maintain strict confidentiality during a search.
For Job Seekers:
A few reasons why Horizon Hospitality should be your recruiting firm of choice:
- No Cost to Job Seekers: Horizon Hospitality NEVER charges job seekers a fee for our services. Our fee is paid by our clients for successfully identifying, screening and placing talented hospitality professionals.
- Industry Experts: Horizon Hospitality recruiters are hospitality industry experts and have all held management- and/or executive-level positions within the restaurant, hotel, resort or country club industry.
- Confidential Job Search: All the information you provide will be held in the strictest of confidence. Your information will never be presented or shared with any company without your prior approval.
- Successful Track Record: Horizon Hospitality has been recruiting for 16+ years and our firm has placed thousands of mid-level and executive-level hospitality industry professionals across the country.
- Access to Positions Not Posted: We know about jobs that are not posted on job boards or on the Internet. Many of these will include jobs where the search is confidential or just not posted yet. Some of our clients choose to only use our firm exclusively because of our timeliness and efficiencies rather than conducting a search on their own.
- Nationwide Opportunities: Horizon Hospitality has access to the most exciting hospitality career opportunities from coast-to-coast. We have developed long-term relationships with our clients and have earned trust over time.
- Your Personal Advocate: Often, there are multiple qualified candidates for an open position. The recruiters at Horizon Hospitality will help coach you through the interviewing process and follow up with the hiring managers at companies to give you the best chance of getting a job.
- Candid & Honest Feedback: The recruiters at Horizon Hospitality are trained to provide you with timely feedback regarding your status. We will be frank about your skills and experience, and realistic about the opportunities that may be available to you.
- Ongoing Relationship: If we don’t find your ideal opportunity immediately, we will retain your information and reach out to you when other great opportunities arise that are a fit for your background. We’re not just headhunters for the hospitality industry, restaurant manager headhunters or hotel management headhunters who treat you like just another trophy. We are true career partners.
Horizon Hospitality is a member of the Sanford Rose Associates® network of offices, is an independently owned and operated office of Sanford Rose Associates International, Inc., an organization in its 50th+ year of offering executive search services.
For details and pricing information, contact:
Leigh Ann Teubert, Managing Partner | Client Relations
Horizon Hospitality – a member of the Sanford Rose Associates® network of offices, is an independently owned and operated office of Sanford Rose Associates International, Inc., an organization in its 50th+ year of offering executive search services.